Competition 1: Win 25 Nokia 2730 Pre pay Mobiles - Instantly
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of Network Communications PTY Ltd, Beinteractive Pty Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences on December 1st 2009 at 12.01am (AEDT) and concludes on 31st December 2009. (AEDT).
- To enter, participants must send a SMS message to 19944144. Entries to the SMS number must include the entrantís first name, and post code. SMS entrants will receive a reply message of their entry outcome.
- The SMS entry mechanic is only open to consumers with a SMS compatible mobile phone connected to a service provider which permits text messaging to the promotional SMS number. It is recommended that entrants check with their individual service provider in this regard.
- 25 Nokia 2730 Pre pay Mobile Phones compatible with the Optus network and containing $10 of on net (Optus to Optus credit). Instant winner prizes will be available to random valid entrants. Participants will be notified within their reply SMS if they are a provisional instant winner and what prize they have won. Instant winners will be issued a 6 digit unique Prize Claim Number as determined by the Beinteractive Pty Ltd Instant Win system. The unique 6 digit Prize Claim Number will need to be recorded by the participant for prize verification purposes. In the event of any dispute with the Promoter, or at the Prompterís request, Instant Winners will be required to correctly quote their unique Prize Claim Number to be awarded their prize. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the awarding of an instant prize to a participant who cannot provide a valid, unique Prize Claim Number. Any unclaimed or un-verified prizes will be awarded during the second chance draw.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
- Inaudible, incomprehensible and illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants (including winners) in the competition may enter as many times as they like. However, only one prize per mobile number is permitted (SA residents are entitled to win more than one prize).
- In the event that an entrant wins more than one instant prize, the first instant prize won will be awarded and the remaining prizes will be drawn.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill or store receipt for purchase requirement) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 11.59pm (AEDT) on 31st December 2009. The time of entry will in each case be the time the SMS message is received by the Beinteractive Pty Ltd database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
- Maximum entry cost is $0.55 (including GST).
- The prize includes: x25 Optus Nokia 2730 Pre pay Mobile Phone Packs -
∑ Containing $10 of on net (Optus to Optus) credit.
∑ RRP of $129.00.
16. Total prize value is up to = $3,225 including GST.
- Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Once prizes have left the Promoterís premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
21. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
22. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winnerís participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winnerís image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with the advertising or marketing thereof that Network Communications Pty Ltd undertake in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winnerís parent or legal guardian.
- At the conclusion of the competition all entrants will be entered into a draw to win any un-won prizes. The draw will take place at Beinteractive Pty Ltd, Level 9, 155 George St, Sydney NSW 2000 on 12th January 2010 at 4.00pm (AEDT).
- Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Programming and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim.
- Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these conditions of entry, all existing claims for prizes and entitlements to claims will be met notwithstanding the advertised prize pool has been exceeded.
- Printing errors or other quality control matters outside the control of the individual player shall not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award a prize.
- The winners will be notified by telephone within 2 days of the draw and will also be sent a letter advising them of their prize.
- Prizes will only be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder). The winner will therefore be, in each case, the account holder.
35. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- Subject to any written direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Beinteractive Pty Ltd, Level 9, 155 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on May 5th at 2.00pm (AEST).
- The promoterís decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Network Communications Pty Ltd, Beinteractive Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- Beinteractive Pty Ltd, on behalf of Network Communications Pty Ltd, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Beinteractive Pty Ltd for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
- Entrantsí personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winnersí names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is Network Communications Pty Ltd, (ABN: 72 356 571 253) of 104 Sugar Rd, Maroochydore, Qld 4558.
Authorised under NSW Permit Number: LTPS/09/10017, and ACT Permit Number: TP 09/04339.
Tell why you deserve to win an investment portfolio valued at $1000, thanks to Osborne Yuille*
* Osborne Yuille is a corporate authorised representative of the Securitor Financial Group Ltd, ABN 48 009189 495 Ė Australian Financial Services Licensee 240 687.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Method of Entry